‘Personal Information’ is any information that can be used to personally identify you. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered Personal Information.
We may collect any of the following information about you if you are a current or prospective vendor, prospective tenant, purchaser, or landlord of real estate or if you visit our website, social media platforms, attend a property inspection or make an inquiry with us via another method:
– Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
– driver’s license number, passport number, or other proof of identity;
– current property ownership and title details;
– desired property ownership details; and
– details of properties sold or acquired by you.
– employment details such as your employment status, employer, salary, length of employment;
– other sources of income; and
– personal and financial referees whom we may contact about an application made;
– additional personal information that you provide to us voluntarily.
We may collect information about you from:
– Credit reporting bodies and providers, law enforcement agencies, and government agencies to verify your identity or assess your credit worthiness;
– Reputable data sources and publicly available sources of information;
– Your representatives (lawyers, mortgage broker, accountants, and financial advisors);
– Your nominated referee or employer when you apply to rent a property;
– Service Providers that provide marketing leads, marketing, and data analysis services to us;
– If you are a prospective employee, your nominated referee, law enforcement agencies for police checks, or intermediaries such as recruitment agents and personnel providers.
This information we collect may be used for the following reasons:
– To provide and administer our products and services, including market properties for vendors and landlords, facilitate transactions for sales and leasing, conduct credit checks, and process payments if applicable;
– To allow us to call or email you or write to you to inform you of properties we have listed for sale/lease that may suit your needs, and/or to keep you informed of developments in the real estate market or our services;
– To provide customer support, including conducting, investigating, and responding to inquiries, surveys, feedback, comments, and complaints;
– To distribute our newsletters and other communications either alone or with the assistance of service providers on information about us, our property listings, and our related products and services;
– To inform and conduct marketing activities including promoting our products and services;
– To conduct research about your interests and attitudes towards our products and services to improve our products and services, marketing activities, and customer experience;
– To assess the performance of our websites and improve the operation of the websites;
– To perform data analyses and generate customer insights which may include combining personal information received from reputable data sources and public sources of information;
– To manage and carry out our business and operational functions, including HR management, and other business decisions.
– To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations;
– Any other security reasons where your information may be required;
All personal & sensitive information we collect is held electronically and/or in hard copy in our office and those of our service providers in a secure manner. It will only be used for the purposes noted above unless otherwise required by law enforcement. We are not liable for any unauthorised access to this information. Note we do not sell or monetise your personal information.
You have the right to view the information collected about you, the right to correct the information if it is not accurate, up to date or complete. Should you ask us to remove your information from our records we will do so securely once we receive this request from you in writing with verification of your identity.